In the NiceDay app there is a menu with 4 parts. Here we will discuss the part subject: Plan.
Under the plan button you will find your Daily Planner. This provides an overview of your planned activities for today. These activities can be planned by you or your professional.
If you've just downloaded the app, a few planned activities are waiting for you, starting with "Get to know NiceDay!". With the help of these activities you will be guided step by step through the app so that you become more familiar with it. Click on the activity to open it. When you have completed an activity, there will be a green check mark!
4.1 Schedule an activity
If you want to schedule a new activity, click the plus sign (+Plan) in the bottom right of the screen. You then have to enter a number of things:
- First of all, the type of activity. You can choose from “Something outside your comfort zone”, “Something fun”, or if it is not one of those two categories, choose “Something else”.
- Title: You can add a title. You have 60 characters for this title. Press "Save" to save the title.
- Date and time: You can set a date and time for this activity. Click 'Save' to save the date and time.
- What are your thoughts now?: Here you can write down your expectations in regard to the activity. For example, how you think it is going to go, what you may experience or feel and what might happen. Write as much as you want and make it concrete! There is no limit. When you're done, click 'Save' at the top right to save your thoughts.
- What do you expect to feel?: There are 10 emotions to choose from. Swipe left or right on an emotion to indicate how intense the emotion will be. The scale ranges from 1 to 5. You don't have to rate all emotions, just the ones that apply to you or that you've agreed with your professional. When you are done, click on "Save".
- Repeating activity : You can schedule an activity once or for multiple occasions. There are several options for this. You can set the activity for every day, every week, every month or custom. With custom you can set how often (1x in two weeks for example), on which day (Mon-Sun) and when the repetition ends (never, end of the day or after x number of repetitions).
- Set reminder: Swiping the slider to the right sets the reminder. You will then be notified when the activity is set to start.
- Press the gray ‘Plan’ button to save the activity.
Your professional can schedule the sessions for you. You can also find these in the planner on the correct date. You may also see an activity before and after the session. Before the session: "How are you doing?" and after the session: "How was your session?" These are two short questionnaires that you can complete. These provide insight into how you are doing and your experience of the session. Your professional will discuss these results with you.
4.2 Checking off an activity
Once you've planned an activity, it will appear in your Daily Planner under 'Planned' for the specified time and date.
Once you tap on the activity, you will be asked if you have completed the activity. You will then receive three options:
- “View details”
To check off an activity, choose “Yes” or “No”.
4.2.1 Completing an activity
Would you like to mark an activity as completed?
Tap on ‘yes’.
You will then be asked ‘How did it go?’ You can fill in any relevant information about how the activity went, what happened, what you learnt from doing the activity etc. Tap on ‘save’
You will then be asked to fill in your ‘feelings’ after completing the activity. Use the slider to indicate how you felt on any of the relevant emotions. Tap on ‘save’.
Finally you will be brought to an overview screen of the activity, here you can add or edit any other information related to the activity. Tap on ‘save’ to mark the activity as completed.
Once the activity is checked off it will appear under the header ‘checked off’ in the daily planner with a green tick. Your professional will be able to see this and any other information that you have added.
4.2.2 Postponing an activity
Would you like to postpone an activity?
1. Tap on ‘no’
2. Tap on ‘I want to do it later’ you will be given some options to reschedule the event.
3. Tap on one of the time options given or ‘I want to reschedule’ to set a later date and time.
The activity will then reappear in the planner at the set date and time.
4.2.3 Cancelling an activity
Would you like to mark the activity as not completed?
1. Tap on ‘no’
2. Tap on ‘I don't want to do it anymore’
3. A pop up will then appear giving you the option to cancel the activity. If you don't want to cancel the activity tap on ‘cancel’
4. You will then be asked ‘Why did you cancel the event?’ Fill in any relevant information and tap on ‘save’.
Note: If it is a recurring event you will be asked if you want to cancel this event only or this event and all future events.
Once the activity is checked off it will appear under the header ‘checked off’ in the daily planner with a red cross. Your professional will be able to see this and your reason for cancelling the activity.